under construction

under construction

April 2, 2010

Historically Speaking

The 1920 Georgia football squad started the season as the "Wildcats" but were "Bulldogs" by the end of October.  The team finished the season undefeated, won the S.I.A.A. championship, and featured player "No Face" Brown (second row, first player from right) - a historic photo indeed from UGA's Hargrett Library. 

Today I signed a contract to author Turner Publishing's Historic Photos of University of Georgia Football.  The publisher has printed a similar book for Alabama, Florida, LSU, and Michigan football while books on Ohio State and USC will be released by this fall.  

I own the one on Alabama and it's a good looking, photo-heavy (around 200), coffee table book.  The book on Georgia will be much the same.

How does this relate to my blog?  Although I don't post enough as it is, over the next four to five weeks (when I'll write most of the manuscript), I'll probably post even less.

A lot of authors are guilty of constantly posting on their blogs boring updates about their book(s): I'm now working on chapter xyz, my book's sales have never been higher, my next deadline is the end of the month, blah, blah, blah.    

Don't worry.  I'm not one of those authors/bloggers.  At times, my blog can be a bit boring to some of you.  There's no point boring you even further.

With that being said, check for the book in stores or online by the end of August and just in time for the upcoming season.

4 comments:

Turner Publishing said...

Welcome to the Turner Publishing family. We're happy to have you on board and looking forward to Historic Photos of Georgia Football.

Best,

The Turner Publishing Marketing Team

Anonymous said...

Patrick,
Looking forward to the new book. If it's close to as good as your others, I cant wait to read it.
-Ken

Tex Noel said...

Congratulations Patrick...

Very happy to hear this good news for you.

Add your unique style of writing to entwine with the pics and make the books even better.

This will only add to your list of other well-deserved and earned credits in sports journalism.

Anonymous said...

I'm in agreement with Ken. Can't wait to read your next book!